HBA Offers Building Code Update Class on March 19th
Oregon’s building code changes April 1st. Are you ready? Beginning April 1st, all permit applications will have to comply with the new 2023 Oregon Residential Specialty Code, which contains a number of significant changes over the previous code. Attend the HBA’s Code Update Class on Tuesday, March 19th to get the information you’ll need to avoid costly errors and corrections.
Some of the major changes to the code include:
- Requirements for higher efficiency HVAC, water heating and air leakage control systems
- Tighter envelope requirements with changes to the way ducts and air handling equipment must be installed
- Restrictive adjustments to exterior doors and glass doors
- Significant changes to non-bearing partitions, membrane covered structures and deck covers
- Changes to the code’s Additional Measures Table
- Much, much more!
The class takes place on Tuesday, March 19th from 8:30am – 12:30pm at the Chemeketa Center for Business & Industry auditorium at 626 High St NE in Salem. Registration is just $59 for HBA members and their employees, and $99 for non-members. Attendees will each receive 4 hours of CCB continuing education credits.
The instructor for the class will be Rebai Tamerhoulet, Building Codes Director/Instructor for the Oregon Home Builders Association and former Building Official for the City of Salem.